Good Morning Addicts!
In trying to keep busy before Wednesdays match up between the Eastern Conference leading Boston Bruins and the fourth place Montreal Canadiens, I've found quite a few interesting stats.
- For one thing, Habs rookie Alex Galchenyuk is the first rookie in Habs history to record at least two assists in each of three straight home games. He's the first rookie to do so since Peter Forsberg accomplished it for the Nordiques in '95.
- This shouldn't really come to a surprise to anybody who follows the team but Alexei Emelin currently leads the league in hits with 34 and Josh Gorges leading the blocked shots column with 29.
- Including P.K. Subban who has played only two games, the Canadiens have four players who are averaging at least a point per game. Subban has notched helpers in his first two appearances, Pacioretty has yet to find the back of the net but has five assists in four contests. Diaz and Markov each have eight points in as many games and Plekanec and Galchenyuk are close to adding their names to this list as they have seven points in eight tilts.
- How about Carey Price's numbers? A 6-1 record - six straight wins - with a GAA of 1.70 and a .938 sv%. With numbers like that it shouldn't be too long before he earns the two wins necessary for him to pass Jose Theodore and Michel Larocque for all time wins for the Habs.
- Without looking it up would you have guessed that the Habs have just two minus players? Aside from Travis Moen (-2) and Tomas Plekanec (-1) the rest of the team is even or better.
Habs And Hockey News
- Check out the pre-game and post-game shows from Montreal Hockey Talk from Sunday. The MHT crew were joined by the likes of Jimmy Murphy, John Bartlett, Sergio Momesso and Gilbert Dionne.
- Sure it's been a few days since his return but it's still crazy to think that Max Pacioretty returned to the line up just eight days after undergoing an appendectomy.
- Alex Galchenyuk earns second star of the week in week two of the Calder Watch over at TheHockeyGuys.net
- The Canadiens find themselves in the Top 5 of TSN's power rankings.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Good Morning Addicts!