After all, it appears that the NHL will take another step towards a lost season today with the announcement that the 2013 Winter Classic will be cancelled.
This year's Winter Classic was to be between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings at Ann Arbor's "Big House". Organizers believed the event would break the world record crowd of 104,173 who attended the "Big Chill" NCAA game at the University of Michigan in 2010.
Kevin Allen of USA Today believes this cancellation leads the NHL and NHLPA on a path of mutually assured destruction.
Elsewhere, Adam Proteau of The Hockey News claims the cancellation of the event is a new low for the league.
Hard to argue with them.
Habs and Hockey News
- Chris Nilan opens up in a new documentary called "The Gladiators", which also profiles enforcers such as Bob Probert and Marty McSorley.
- Amidst some internal turmoil, George Laraques has resigned his position with the CHLPA.
- In case you missed it, scroll to the bottom of this piece to see P.K Subban doing the weather.
- Stu Hackel looks at some the men working behind the scenes during the NHL Lockout.
- Montreal's ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers, won 3-2 against the Toledo Walleye last night.
(Photo via Getty Images)