Rough few days for the Montreal Canadiens' farm team, the Hamilton Bulldogs.
The Dogs lost their two weekend contests against the Syracuse Crunch, including a 4-1 defeat in front of an 18,000 person crowd at the Bell Centre.
On top of that, Blake Geoffrion was forced to have emergency surgery on Friday night after taking a skate blade to the head. He is now out indefinitely
Hamilton currently sits 12th in the AHL's Western Conference and have played the fewest amount of games in the league.
Habs and Hockey News
- As always, HabsWorld's Brian LaRose recaps the week that was for the Montreal Canadiens and their farm teams.
- Eric Engels comments on his experience watching the Hamilton Bulldogs at the Bell Centre.
- Down in the ECHL, the Wheeling Nailers also lost their weekend contest against the Toledo Walleye.
- The NHL and NHLPA met on Sunday yet again, but appear still deadlocked. In the meantime, you can always read Bob McKenzie's excellent insights on the situation.
- Three teams — the Netherlands, Ukraine and Great Britain — moved on to the final stage of Ice Hockey Qualifications for the 2014 Olympics.
(Photo via the Canadian Press/TSN.ca)