Call me late to the party, but I did not realize Scott Gomez denied signing with the ECHL's Alaska Aces. After all, it's not like the team took down the press release from their website.
Too bad. Last time he was with the team in 2004-05, Gomez was named the league's MVP and, coming out of the last lockout, had his best ever NHL season.
In any case, the Alaskan team recently added Brandon Dubinsky to their training camp roster.
I'm no ECHL expert, but they are starting to look like league favorites, aren't they?
Habs and Hockey News
- Darren Dreger reports that tension between the NHL and NHLPA is rising. News like that certainly dampers my optimism. Elsewhere, Stu Hackel contemplates whether
- Hockey Inside/Out looks at how the Hamilton Bulldogs have gotten tougher since Marc Bergevin took over.
- HabsWorld takes a look back at where Montreal Canadiens ended up during the 2004-05 lockout.
- Steven Hindle muses over how Montreal fans must possibly endure a cold, long winter without their beloved Habs.
- The KHL recently signed a US broadcast deal with ESPN. Elsewhere, Stu Hackel contemplates whether anyone will tune in to watch the KHL. My answer? No.