I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, regardless of how you chose to spend your (Canadian) Thanksgiving.
As for me, I spent the long weekend in Toronto, visiting with friends and taking in the sights.
An added bonus: the topic of how bad their sports teams are came up many times, even during a show at Second City.
Habs and Hockey News
- The Hamilton Bulldogs lost their pre-season opener to the Toronto Marlies.
- Speaking of the AHL, Stu Hackel argues that the Oklahoma City Barons — the farm team of the Edmonton Oilers — may be the best in the USA. Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall, Justin Schultz. No kidding.
- HabsWorld delivers numbers 11 to 15 in their prospect countdown.
- Talks between the NHL and NHLPA are set to resume thus week, although apparently only secondary issues will be addressed.
- Kevin Allen looks at five groups who truly deserve our sympathy during the lockout.
- Dominik Hasek officially retires from professional ice hockey.
- The IIHF looks at the quick rise of the Korean national ice hockey program. They still have much work to do though, as they must be at least 18th in the World Rankings to qualify for the 2018 Winter Olympics — an event which the nation is hosting.