As you probably, long time sports psychologist and RDS commentator Sylvain Guimond has been hired by the Montreal Canadiens to replace David Scott.
Honestly, it's nice to start a text with real news as opposed to the usual lockout mumbo-jumbo.
Speaking of psychology, Alan Bass at HockeyBuzz offers some cool insight on the consequences of over-instruction. Honestly, this guy has become one of my favorite bloggers at HB. His pieces make you see the game in a different light.
Habs and Hockey News
- It is official, but not surprising. The first two weeks of the NHL regular season have been cancelled.
- Scott Burnside argues that the players must make some concessions for the sake of the game. Conversely, Stu Hackel looks at how ownership blunders have led the game down this road.
- RDS will air games from La Tournée des Joueurs, which features Josh Gorges, Brian Gionta and Lars Eller, amongst others.
- Sportsnet and TVASports will air games from the American Hockey League.
- Ryan Kennedy of THN wonders if replacement players are an option. I certainly don't think so. There are so many replacement leagues — CHL, AHL, KHL, Europe — it is hard to imagine where worthwhile talent would come form.