Good Morning Addicts!
And with that, let's talk the CHLPA. It seems there isn't enough drama in hockey right now and so the newly formed CHLPA has decided to make itself known.
With the intentions of assuring better education programs and fair pay wages to the players, the CHLPA lead by executive director Georges Laraque has taken action against the QMJHL's Halifax Mooseheads.
The Mooseheads are under fire from the CHLPA due to "violations of labor, pension and employment rules". Mooseheads majority owner Bobby Smith expressed his concern over his players' own concerns but maintained that " I feel we treat our players extremely well...".
The CHLPA has stated that they prefer not to litigate and would like to bring the CHL to the bargaining table.
Habs And Hockey News
- Here's a link to this morning's Sunday Shinny with Gary Whittaker, Nick Murdocco, Amand Stein and myself where we discussed the CHLPA, Andre Harvey's 10 year suspension from coaching after assaulting a 16 year old player, Pat Hickey's fantasy league and more.
- Is it possible Gary Bettman and co. have underestimated Donald Fehr?
- Many players feel the cancellation of the November schedule is simply a scare tactic.
- Habs Eyes On The Prize continues their coverage of the Habs prospects and players overseas.
- Ryan Suter has followed new teammate Zach Parise's lead in sharing his frustration after signing a 13 year $98 million contract.
(Photo by None/Getty Images North America)