Yesterday, the NHL and NHLPA exchanged proposals, which, I must admit, I took as a positive sign.
Yet, by all accounts, both sides remain miles apart in negotiations and that a lockout is upon us.
At least, that is the view shared by Pierre Lebrun, Stu Hackel and other reports.
In short, it seems like I will be going to see more than a few Ottawa 67s games then.
Habs and Hockey News
- Sean Lloyd's profile series continues with the hard-hitting Alexei Emelin.
- Fred Poulin takes a fantasy oriented look at the Northeast Division.
- According to Bertrand Raymond at RDS, the Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphia Flyers had talks regarding P.K Subban. The notion they would at least talk is not all that surprising, considering the Flyers lost out on Shea Weber and have multiple injuries on their blueline.
- Hockey Inside/Out has a chat with Michel Therrien.
- Eric Engels looks at five things that can help the Canadiens improve in the standings. You know, if there is a season to begin with.
- Given that a lockout seems unfortunately imminent, Ryan Kennedy offers up five non-NHL teams worth watching next season.
- Lubomir Vishnovky will remain a New York Islander. Earlier this summer, he had filed a grievance to void the trade, claiming the no-trade clause in his current contract was still valid.
(Photo by the Canadian Press)