Quiet today on the news front, but at least it appears that the NHL and NHLPA are maintaining at least some form of dialogue.
While most people still believe there will be some form of lockout, not everyone shares that view. In fact, Ron MacLean, the famed host of Hockey Night in Canada, flat out believes there will be absolutely no work stoppage.
Do you share his optimism?
Habs and Hockey News
- HabsWorld's Fantasy Focus takes a look at emerging Swiss defenseman Raphael Diaz. As you will recall, our Sean Lloyd also profiled him a few a weeks ago.
- Some agents are worried about what will happen to Junior players if there is an NHL lockout.
- Over at HockeyBuzz, Adam French lists the top-five German born prospects. I always love such lists, especially when it is for slightly less traditional hockey countries.
- Famed goalie Roggie Vachon turned 67 yesterday.
- We know that the Detroit Red Wings lost Niklas Lidstrom, Brad Stuart and Jiri Hudler over the summer. But we also perhaps forgot that Tomas Holmstrom is not likely to return. They will be a very different team.
- Did you know that the KHL is now in seven countries and now includes famed Slovak club Slovan Bratislava. Apparently, Croatia and Italy are also serious candidates to join the KHL in the near future.
(Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images North America)