The trickle of players heading to Europe continues and an increasing number of Habs are heading East.
To review, thus far Raphael Diaz will join EV Zug, Yannick Weber is heading for Geneva-Servette and Tomas Plekanec is bound for Kladno. Also, former Hab Mark Streit is going to Bern.
Also of note is Alex Ovechkin signing with Dynamo Moscow and goalie Niklas Backstrom joining Belarus' Dynamo Minsk.
The new Ukrainian KHL club HC Donbass is getting a boost as well, with Ukraine natives Alexei Ponikarovsky and Ruslan Fedotenko joining the club.
Habs and Hockey News
- The Hockey News' continues its 30 teams in 30 days video previews, looking at the Montreal Canadiens.
- HabsWorld begins counting down the Habs' top prospects with numbers 39 to 36.
- Francis Bouillon and Mathieu Darche say they are ready to make the sacrifice of retirement in order to fight for a new CBA.
- In hindsight, Mike Modano considers the 2004-05 lockout to have been a waste of time. By his estimates, he forfeited $7 million because of the lost season.
- Brian Burke comments on the firing of Francois Allaire.
- Ryan Kennedy of THN presents some hockey options for those of us in locked out NHL markets.
- The AEG group — owner of the Los Angeles Kings — is for sale.
(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images North America)