The strong shift of NHLers towards Europe continues. The latest player to make a move is the Montreal Canadiens' own Max Pacioretty, who has recently joined HC Ambri-Piotta according to The Fourth Period. RDS also confirms the news on their site.
Elsewhere, the Swedish Elite League was compelled to allow NHL players join its league by Anti-Trust authorities there.
As such, some players have begun making the move to the Scandinavian nation as well.
Habs and Hockey News
- Mathieu Darche, amongst others, was on Radio-Canada's Tout Le Monde en Parle on Sunday night.
- The Economist — yes, that Economist magazine — has an interesting piece on the lockout and the evolving landscape of sport ownership at large.
- Twenty years ago, Manon Rheaume became the first woman to suit up in the NHL.
- The NHL and NHLPA are slated to meet in order to discuss last season's revenue. Hmmm... how about we move the discussion to this season?
- If you are lacking you hockey fix, you can always check out this hat-trick by Rick Nash with HC Davos.