I don't mean to hammer away at the P.K Subban contract situation. I really don't.
But in fairness to me and my daily task of writing this roundup, nothing else is going on. Nada. Rien. Nichts.
Eric Engels, over at HockeyBuzz, feels like patience is required and that the situation will resolve itself, most likely before the beginning of camp.
Generally, I share his view. But, I must admit, the fact this has stretched so long has me somewhat concerned. I feel that Subban his now more of an offer sheet or trade candidate that at any previous point.
In any case, I want to know, are you getting worried?
Habs and Hockey News
- Ken Dryden turns 65 today.
- TSN has been reporting that Graham Roustan submitted his plans for an NHL-sized arena to the city of Markham. If this is successful, the area could easily compete with Quebec City or Seattle for any relocated franchise.
- Given the recent injury news regarding Andrej Meszaros, the Philadelphia Flyers have signed Marc-Andre Bourdon to a multi-year extension. Ryan Kennedy, over at The Hockey News, believes the organization's eye for talent will help them weather the recent news.
- THN continues unveiling its predictions, this time looking at no. 14 in each conference. The good news? Montreal is not there.
- Adam Davis, of WRVM in Nashville, is suing the Predators because of an injury sustained will practicing to be a human puck. Let me get this straight. Davis agreed to the stunt, which sounds insanely dumb to begin with, and then gets injured practicing for it. And now, as if he could not foresee any potential risks in this stupid endeavor, is suing the Preds.