This is easily one of my favorite stories in a long while.
Video game publisher has Electronic Arts has decided to include Hayley Wickenheiser and Angela Ruggiero as playable legends in the upcoming NHL 13.
Damn straight they are.
Habs and Hockey News
- Rene Bourque will miss eight to 12 weeks after undergoing abdominal surgery. Even if the season begins on schedule, I get the feeling this is not crippling news for Habs management. After all, someone like Louis Leblanc could easily fill his spot on a short term basis.
- The NHLPA is set to respond to the NHL's latest CBA offer. While both sides seem style far apart, some visible progress is being made. And, if you are looking for more optimism, Patrick Roy says he doesn't even believe there will be a lockout.
- Kyle Turris signed a five-year, $17.5 million contract extension with the Ottawa Senators. Also, a few days ago the Sens signed first round pick Cody Ceci to an ELC.
- Over at Sports Illustrated, Allan Muir grades the off-season moves of the Western Conference teams. Guess who got an A?
- The sale of the Phoenix Coyotes continues to stall. Big surprise, I know.
(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images North America)