Wow. I know this is not hockey related, but it is quite the bombshell that Lance Armstrong has given up his fight against the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA) and now runs the risk of being striped of his Tour de France titles.
I'm not at all sure what to make of this news. But, although I don't care about cycling at all, I somehow find this to be both an intriguing and disheartening tale.
Anyway, enough of my coffee-less ramblings. Off to to the news.
Habs and Hockey News
- Hockey Inside/Out looks back at the 2004-04 Lockout. As for 2012, the league and players met again briefly yesterday and more meetings are scheduled for next week. Stu Hackel at Sports Illustrated wonders if a stalemate is at hand?
- Eyes on the Prize continues its countdown of the best Montreal Canadiens under 25 years old.
- The boys at ESPN discuss the best free-agent acquisitions of the summer.
- Adam Proteau of The Hockey News discusses the creation of a CHL Players Association. Also over at THN, their daily predictions continue, this time looking at number three and four in each conference.
- Finally, as if the Columbus Blue Jackets were not already enough of a farce, Kristian Huselius is blaming the organization for his slow recovery from a chest muscle injury.