Recently, Allan Muir of Sports Illustrated has been doling out grades to the 30 NHL teams for their off-season performance.
Naturally, teams like the Minnesota Wild and Carolina Hurricanes ranked near the top of the class.
As for the Montreal Canadiens, they were given a B-minus by Mr. Muir.
The Habs did not make a huge splash in any one area, but they did add some sandpaper, retained some key players and held a widely praised draft.
I would certainly give that a B myself. What about you? How would you grade Habs' management this summer?
Habs and Hockey News
- As it turns out, no CBA talks were held yesterday. Apparently, they are slated to resume today - Friday. The aforementioned Allan Muir has some notes about the discussions and other league happenings.
- Habs Eyes on the Prize continue their countdown of the organization's top players under 25. Today, they focus on diminutive winger Brendan Gallagher.
- The Edmonton Oilers have locked-up winger Jordan Eberle to a six-year, $36 million exension.
- Over at The Hockey News, Ryan Kennedy profiles the ever-underdog Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Here is a story I did not know about. Three forwards for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds's were recently charged and are not attending their team's training camp. Rather, as per USA Today, the trio is attending counselling.
(Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images North America)