While we wait for P.K Subban to finally sign a new contract (or be moved), Marc Bergevin has been proactive with another one of his key players, signing Max Pacioretty to a six-year, $27 million deal.
The average cap hit will be $4.5 per season.
A more than acceptable number if Pacioretty continues to be a 30 goal, 60 point player.
If he exceeds those numbers, than his cap hit could easily be viewed as a discount. At least, in NHL terms.
What are your thoughts on the new deal?
Habs and Hockey News
- Our Kamal Panesar gives us the scoop on the Pacioretty deal and offers an update on CBA negotiations. Speaking of CBA talks, TSN is reporting that Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos and Alex Ovechkin attended recent talks. Things are getting serious!
- The Philadelphia Flyers got more bad news on their back end. Andreas Lilja will miss the start of the season after left hip surgery. With the losses of Matt Carle, Andrej Meszaros and Chris Pronger, the Flyers now have a serious issue to address.
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere was given a one-year contract by the Colorado Avalanche.
- THN's prediction series continue, looking at spot number ten in each conference.
- Former Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray is going to court. I had no idea.
(Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images North America)