After signing Max Pacioretty to a six-year, $27 million extension, Marc Bergevin took the time to address the Montreal media.
Namely, Bergevin was quite evasive when it came to P.K Subban.
RDS reported last month that a two-year, $5.5 million was offered and quickly rejected by Subban's camp. "I don't read," Bergevin answered, "I just go about my business."
Also, Bergevin confirmed that the team had interest in UFA Shane Doan but that the forward never came to visit the organization.
Habs and Hockey News
- Our Fred Poulin delivers the second half of his predictions, this time looking at the NHL's Western Conference.
- There is much reaction to Pacioretty's deal on the web. Our Kamal Panesar chimed in yesterday while Eric Engels comments over at Hockeybuzz. Hockey Inside/Out looks at how Pac wants to model himself after Erik Cole.
- Steve Begin has landed a new gig, getting a tryout with the Calgary Flames, the organization who drafted him way back in 1996.
- HabsWorld's Fantasy Focus series continues with Brian Gionta.
- The NHLPA presented its counter-proposal to the NHL's earlier CBA offer. Stu Hackel comments on the situation at SI.