I was reading about the NHLPA's latest CBA proposal and one element really struck me: capping front office and coaching spending.
Not the worst idea in the world. After all, if the owners are to cry foul, then everyone should share in the burden, not just the players.
What about you? Do you like the idea?
Habs and Hockey News
- The Montreal Canadiens have invited Halifax Moosehead forward Luca Ciampini to training camp next month.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have reportedly signed Wayne Simmonds to a six-year extension.
- Rick Nash and Joe Thornton will reportedly play for HC Davos if the NHL season does not begin on time. Both played there ins 2004-2005, helping the Swiss squad to both a league and Spengler Cup championship.
- Gary Bettman feels a wide gap remains between the NHL's and the NHLPA's position. Stu Hackel at Sports Illustrated offers an excellent dissection of the situation. Meanwhile, at The Hockey News, Adam Proteau looks at Donald Fehr's attempt to frame these negotiations as an owner versus owner battle.
- THN continues its projections, working their way to the number nine spot in each conference.