Well, it sure seems that the Carolina Hurricanes are not messing around this summer.
After trading for Jordan Staal, signing Marc-André Gragnani, Joe Corvo and Alex Semin, Jim Rutherford is now apparently close to inking Jeff Skinner to a long-term extension.
Bob McKenzie reports that the deal is for six years at around $5.75 million per season.
Given their similar ages and importance to their teams, one has to wonder if this deal will somehow impact the contract P.K Subban eventually receives. And, yes, I know one is a forward and another a defenseman.
Habs and Hockey News
- Sean Lloyd continues his excellent profile series, this time looking at the much maligned Rene Bourque.
- Over at HabsWorld, their Fantasy Focus series keeps trucking on with Erik Cole getting the spotlight today.
- Hockey Inside/Out looks back at last summer's deaths of three NHL enforcers.
- The Hockey News has begun rolling out its annual predictions, starting with No. 15 in each conference. Take a wild guess.
- Stu Hackel looks at the New Jersey Devils' dire financial situation and wonders if any Phoenix-like scenario is possible.
(Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images North America)