As I am sure many of you have already seen, it has been reported that Shane Doan is seeking a four year, $30 million contract in order to leave the Phoenix Coyotes.
In the end, it is not great surprise that Doan wants a sweet deal if he is to leave Phoenix, but those are some pretty rich numbers!
Would you make that offer to the 34-year old Doan?
Habs and Hockey News
- Our newest writer, Derek Lachine, contributes his first piece. He takes an itneresting look at the parallels between the legendary Sam Pollock and new GM Marc Bergevin.
- Speaking of new writers, don't forget to check out Amos Legault's first piece concerning David Desharnais' line.
- Kamal Panesar joins the gang on TSN 990 for Sunday Shinny.
- The HabsWorld crew discuss what it takes to build a winning franchise in the modern NHL.
- On the topic of Shane Doan, Hockey Inside/Out offers the latest on the situation.
- Stu Hackel wonders if Alex Semin was worth 7$ million. He probably won't be worth every penny, but he has the potential to be. At worst, it is a one-year deal that can easily be moved at the deadline.
- Kevin Allen of USA Today overviews the many pressing issues still facing the NHL amidst the dog days of summer.
(Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images North America)