Hockey Inside/Out sure has a funny story for us.
Guess who won a car at his own charity golf tournament by shooting a hole-in-one?
Scott Gomez, that's who.
The irony of Gomez, who could not manage to score a goal within a calendar year, doing this is just too delicious, isn't?
Habs and Hockey News
- Shea Weber's decision to sign a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet with the Philadelphia Flyers continues to make waves. Over at TSN, Darren Dreger looks at the impact of this on the finance of the Nashville Predators. Meanwhile, at ESPN, Scott Burnside contemplates the disconnect between this contract and the owner's stance during CBA negotiations.
- Adam Proteau of The Hockey News looks at how Weber's new deal reflects the wide gap between certain NHL markets. Kevin Allen and Stu Haeckel also offer up their takes on the situation.
- HabsWorld looks at when a third overall pick should start in the NHL.
- Sam Gagner signs with the Edmonton Oilers while Nikolai Kulemin avoids arbitration with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Alan Bass has an interesting piece on motivation and coaching tactics.