After many days of waiting, the Nashville Predators matched the Philadelphia Flyers 14-year, $110 million offer for Shea Weber.
While the offer forces the Predators to ante up $26 million in signing bonuses in the next 11 months, it would have been quite surprising for the Tennessee club not to match.
After all, do you really think Weber is worth only four late first round picks?
Habs and Hockey News
- According to TVA Sports, Shane Doan is currently considering an offer from the Montreal Canadiens.
- Scott Burnside considers the pressure put on Shea Weber now that the Predators have decided to retain him. Allan Muir of SI also offers his insights on the topic.
- The Nashville Predators have been busy. Not only have they matched the Shea Weber offer, but they have also re-signed Colin Wilson to a three-year deal.
- Rory Boylen of The Hockey News dissects the Rick Nash deal.
- It seems the NHLPA is close to tabling a counter-proposal to the league's initial CBA offer.
(Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images North America)