Before we move on to our A.M news, a few random thoughts about the NHL for your consideration:
- To General Managers complaining about Alexander Radulov's potential return to Nashville: Boo Hoo. He was under contract with the team. Still is. He should be allowed to play for the Predators without any sort of restrction. Just because Nashville terrifies you as a team already does not make this any less the case.
- On the Radulov issue, does anyone here actually feel bad for the Red Wings — who apparently have complained loudly about this issue at the Board of Governors meeting? Didn't think so.
- Somehow, its like the league believes that increasing scoring is the only way to insure their game is entertaining. Right. Because I want to see 5-4 every night.
- The Ringette line and the removal of two line passes are silly. Here is a bold idea: enforce the rules that are already in your book and, otherwise, stop tinkering. The Canadiens stink and I am still plenty entertained this year.
- Am I the only one who does not think Ilya Bryzgalov's hot play — he was four shutouts in his last five games — will not translate to the post-season?
Courtesy of Animalerie Little Bear, we have two free tickets to give away for the Montreal - Tampa Bay contest at the Bell Centre on April 4th.
To have a chance at winning these tickets, all you need to do is 'like' our Facebook page before March 30th 2012. Please note that to obtain your winnings, you will need to pick up the tickets at Animalerie Little Bear.
HabsAddict.com - In Defence of Pierre Gauthier
HabsAddict.com - Habs by the Numbers: Why is Gomez Still Playing?
HabsWorld.net - 30 Goals and Counting: Max Pacioretty
Hockey Inside/Out - Gomez out with a concussion
La Presse - La moitié du CH pourrait aller aux Championnats du monde
RDS - Pacioretty candidat au Bill-Masterton
TSN - Sabres' Myers suspended three games for hit on Gomez
ESPN - GMs meetings: Change is coming
The Hockey News - Boylen: Alexander Radulov's impact, Oilers draft strategy, MVP debate
TSN - Radulov's return causes stir among NHL general managers
USA Today - Roundup: Stamkos nets 49th, 50th goals in win
(Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images Europe)